Want to improve your teen’s mental and physical well-being? Consider enrolling them in Muay Thai – a combat sport native to Thailand. You might think your teen is combative enough ;-), but Muay Thai might just improve your relationship with them.
Read on to learn how Muay Thai can benefit your teen.
1. In a world of video games and a social media crazed society, Muay Thai will keep your teen fit and hands free so to speak. Muay Thai is known as “the art of eight limbs” because it is characterized by the combined use of fists, elbows, knees, shins. This means that it promotes overall fitness. Your teen will work their arms, legs and core, as well as develop cardiovascular strength while practicing.
2. Muay Thai is a stress reliever: Today’s teens are more stressed than ever. Muay Thai is a healthy outlet for frustration, stress and anxiety. It requires focus, so your teen will let their worries go as they train.
3. They will develop more confidence: Chances are, Muay Thai will be a brand new experience for your teenager. Learning a new sport and setting and achieving goals will increase their confidence.
4. It will increase their self-defense: Muay Thai training develops reflexes, powers of observation and strength — all factors that can help your teen defend themselves in an emergency. Practicing Muay Thai may help keep your teen safe as they leave the home.
5. They will make friends: Muay Thai gyms have a special type of camaraderie, separate from the social hierarchy often seen in high schools. Your teen will build relationships with people of all backgrounds, genders, and ages as they train.
Muay Thai is sweeping the nation. This kickboxing form is becoming the answer for today’s teens who want to benefit their mind & body, and learn fighting techniques along with self- defense, which is very much important in today’s world.
Click here to find out how you can help your teen increase their health and happiness through the art of Muay Thai Boxing!